Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quirky

I was making my lunch today (which, by the way, I was WAY too excited for...) of a ham and cheese sandwich with mustard, on good ol' square, white bread. I've been having whole grain bread for the last year or so- bleh. Dumb health. Anyways, I was creating my simple, yet delightful feast when I realized something: I always put the cheese right next to the mustard. I don't like them to be apart. Reflecting on this oddity I was inspired to compile a list of other quirks I have, not because I think you will read them and all of a sudden say, "wow, that is a super cool girl right there!" but merely to give you a little more, albeit unwanted, insight into the off-kilter workings of my brain. Lucky you.

  • When putting on socks I always start with the left foot
  • For lotion and makeup application, I start on the right side of my face
  • I put my left contact lens in before my right
  • My three pillows have to be arranged in an upside down U-shape for me to sleep
  • I eat the center of cinnamon rolls first, then the outer rings
  • Apparently I never hold my silverware the customary way
  • I like grapes, but hate grape-flavored things
  • My bedding must be un-tucked all the way around
  • Books in a series must match- I do not mix paper back with hardback anymore (oh, the follies of youth)
  • If something is cute and small, I will most likely want it
  • I really like kittens but I'd be fine if I never saw an adult cat again.

Something tells me I better stop here, lest ye be overwhelmed with the absurdity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mieka-annie I Love You! Mom

Marissa said...

Hahaha! I love the sandwich thing. I'm the same way, but the opposite. I like the mayo to be with my cheese and the mustard to be with the meat. And all condiments must be spread to the absolute edge of the bread. Otherwise I won't eat the crust.... I love being an adult where I can make the sandwiches any way I please and my parents can't force me to eat the crust if I don't want to!

Sarah said...

Mieka you are hilarious! I love you! I am the same with some of those things: grapes vs grape flavored things, the contacts, the books/ series, cute and small!, and kittens vs cats also. :) I love you- and I love reading your blog! :) Miss you!

Katie said...

I love the way you write! It sounds just like how I think. Especially "Train of thought" post. You are a very talented writer. I wish I were so eloquent.
Happy Halloween, by the way.