Thursday, October 16, 2008

Peanut Butter

All my life I have loved peanut butter- it is a yummy topping for practically everything, it is great in sandwiches, but it also has a rare quality not often found in spreads: it is just as enjoyable on its own! As a child there were few snacks I liked better than a spoon full of PB.

I recall an evening many years ago, when I was like 3 or 4, that I'd helped myself to a homemade Jif lollipop, and made a mess of my clothes. Mom sent me to get in my jammies, and when I came back to the kitchen she was nowhere in sight. I must have figured I deserved a reward for my prompt obedience, so I grabbed the jar of gooey goodness. With time being of the essence, I decided to forgo the spoon and just scoop out a glob with my hand. I ended up darting out the back door to finish my treat, perhaps just to enjoy the beautiful evening, but more likely because I heard Mom coming back. Despite my evasive action, she knew what I had done. Even if I'd been able to lick clean my hand and face, there was no hiding the sticky state of my Cinderella pj's.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mieka, this literally cracked me up- I did actually laugh out loud for a bit. :) It's a very cute story! I love you! (and I definitely agree with your opinion of Peanut Butter. 100% ) ;) *LOVES*

Marissa said...

HAHAHA! I'm literally laughing at my computer right now. You're freakin' hilarious!