Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The BugVac 2000

My parents gave me a bug vacuum for Christmas one year. It was kind of like a skinny dustbuster- but with an extendable sucker-part. It allowed the user to stand far away and capture the spider without having to look too closely at it, or risk it jumping from the wall into your hair. It was great until I realized that the spiders weren't instantly killed (they were sucked in and stuck to some sticky paper I think); after that I was too afraid to use it in case they somehow got un-stuck and decided to attack me in force.

It's the thought that counts right? And it did spare Dad one or two middle of the night rescue operations, so that's something.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Mieka! You kill me! You're so funny. Thanks for brightening my day. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that! haha- I had the same fear of it, but I decided it was better to quickly use the vaccuum then throw it back in the closet, than let all the spiders roam free. :P
-Sarah