Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cinematic-Tolerance Regression

It's been interesting to re-watch movies I loved as a kid, because most of the time I can't stand them- either they are too cheesy or too scary. Don thinks it's silly that I'm scared of movies now, when I didn't used to be; he says immature, I say sensitive! Anyways, it led me to make a new list:

Movies I Used to Like, but Now can't Watch
  • Big Trouble in Little China (Kurt Russel)
  • The Flight of Dragons (Voice of John Ritter)
  • Little Monsters (Fred Savage)
  • Connecticut Yankee: A Kid in King Arthur's Court (Rudy, from the Cosby Show)
  • Edward Scissor Hands (Johnny Depp)
  • The Three Musketeers (Keifer Sutherland)
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Harrison Ford)
  • What Lies Beneath (Harrison Ford)
  • Super Mario Brothers (John Leguizamo)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-the live action ones
  • The Incredible Mr Limpet (Don Knotts)
  • Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (Stuart Whitman)
  • George of the Jungle (Brendan Fraser)
  • The Mummy (Brendan Fraser)
  • The Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan)
  • Clueless (Alicia Silverstone)
  • Batman (Jack Nicholson)
  • Ghostbusters II (Bill Murray)

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure my family can recall some others...

3 comments:

Seth said...

Mieka, you make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Mieka, I flippin LOVE YOU! You make me smile!... I remember most of those movies, some of them I don't think I've ever seen before, but I like that you made a list. :) Remember when we ordered the Flight of the Dragon movie for Christmas that one year cuz we used to love it, then we watched it again and all had the same reaction: not good! But it's fun to remember. :P love you!
~Sarah-Mac

Whit said...

lol! too funny. and i too remember when we re-watched flight of dragons. oh what a horror. how did we love that show?
good times.