Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where did this come from?

I think Tony is a lefty! He has recently discovered his hands; he loves to just stare at them and wave them around. They were both pretty wild at first, just flailing about willy-nilly, but lately he keeps his right hand up by his head (even while sleeping), and he brings his left in front of his face. His left hand has gotten much more steady, he will even use it to grab at toys! His right hand will brush against toys sometimes, but he uses his left to repeatedly bat at the same toy, and he occasionally grabs hold and shakes it around. I'm excited about this new milestone, but still surprised about the left-handedness, as Don and I are both righties. Don is a bit excited about this, thinking ahead to Tony's athletic future- apparently being a southpaw can be useful in things like baseball and boxing...I mostly think about how he will always have to sit at the end of the dining table, so that his left elbow won't be bonking against our rights! That was always a bit pesky back when I lived at home- Seth is left handed, so it seemed like he was always crowding me. Maybe it is too soon to tell, so it will be interesting to see how Tony turns out.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Seth will be jealous if Tony is a lefty. He's been wanting one and so far I don't think we have one. There's still hope for E, but we'll see. My kids have all gone back and forth between hands before they decide which one is going to be the dominate, so maybe E will change.