Monday, November 24, 2008

Tonsillectomy Update (WARNING:PHOTOS)

Hello all. I thought I'd let you know that my surgery went fine, and I'm recovering pretty well. There is a considerable amount of pain, which I guess should get worse in the next couple days :(
I've been able to eat soup, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, pudding and applesauce. Oh, and a Frosty. And today I ate a donut. It was sooooo good, but kinda scratchy. It's probably for the best that the donut hurt and the Frosty made me sick, otherwise my scheme of losing some weight during this ordeal will be foiled.

Now, because some of you may be morbidly curious, I will post some before and after pics of my throat, so if you don't like that sort of thing,
DON'T SCROLL DOWN!





This first photo shows my gigantic tonsil on the left





Here is the view right after the surgery (the black spots are where they cauterized blood vessels)


This is what it looked like yesterday- the whitish/yellow is the scab I guess.


Pretty gross huh?


6 comments:

Marissa said...

Ooooh, yuck! I'm so squeamish, but for some reason forced myself to look at the pictures. Good thing Don is home to help you out with Tony. I wouldn't want to feel awful and still have to take care of a baby. What a sweet husband.

Oh - but how will you enjoy Thanksgiving?!

Sarah said...

Mieka I'm glad that the surgery went well! I miss you and I hope you get better soon!!! I love you much! Wish I could see you this weekend! :( Know that I love you though- SO MUCH!!! ttfn. :)

Seth said...

Hey sis, thats kinda gross. ;) Gald your doing well. Please let us know if there's anyting we can do to for you.
Love ya,
Seth

Seth said...

Hey sis, thats kinda gross. ;) Gald your doing well. Please let us know if there's anyting we can do to for you.
Love ya,
Seth

Lisa said...

Maybe I'm weird, but yeah it was kinda gross, but kinda cool at the same time. I'm glad you're getting all healed up.

Aaron Hill said...

Ouch, that looks like its so sore. I have a sore throat just looking. I hope everything heals up nicely, I'm sure it will. That's a bummer that the frosty made you sick!