Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something New

I've been trying to get more good things done, and I've come to realize that I need more time. Mostly because I just can't let go of doing my most favorite thing (reading all. the. time.), so in order to accomplish anything else, I started getting up earlier. Like, WAY earlier. Since we have been blessed with a great sleeper I normally don't wake up until almost nine, and Tony is content to hang out in his crib for a while so there's usually no rush to get out of bed. Glorious!

But, that late start combined with my inclination to ease into the day means that nothing even starts getting done until like 3 pm, and then Don gets home at about 5:30, and I find myself thinking "Alright! Time to just relax" (I know, that's what I'd been doing all day, right?)

So, to combat this massive un-productiveness, I came up with a schedule of when exactly I'll do chores, and go to the park, and read, etc etc. To fit everything in, I started getting up at 5:30 in the morning to go running before Don leaves for work (thereby avoiding having to push Tony in the super awkward jogging stroller). My friend and neighbor Julie has agreed to this insane plan and she joins me for the run. While it has been a great way to start the day, with getting the exercise out of the way, and doing more by 830 than I usually do in a whole day, I have felt pretty good. Except, I'm so tired! I've been going to bed at 10pm, but I've been so anxious about a number of things, not the least of them being that I won't wake up on time and then Julie will be waiting for me and she'll have gotten up early for nothing... So by the time I do fall asleep (130 ish) I am so worried about how little time there is until wake up, that I am constantly waking up to check the time. Ugh.

I'm hoping I'll get into a new normal and then it won't be so hard, but for now I'm beat!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of you! Seth is trying to convince me to go running with him in the morning...

Sarah said...

Mieka- that's an awesome plan!! I'm impressed! :) I hope that you can start sleeping more though- being sleep deprived is no fun!
I love and miss you Mieka!

Marissa said...

Wow! I'm super impressed! Good luck getting into a new routine. Sounds like a tough one.

Emily said...

5:30 no way I could not do that. I liked your previous schedule. Although I have been running lately (in the evening) and I love the feeling. Great job Mieka you are an insperation.

Whit said...

Way to go Mieks! :) One thing I know that helps me is to write down and make a quick note of the things that are on my mind when I'm supposed/want to be asleep, then set the notebook/paper aside and leave the worries with it for the night. (You can pick 'em back up in the morning if need be) ;) I hope it helps. I love and miss you Mieka!

Unknown said...

You are a champion, and I am proud of you. That is all. I have to do the list thing to. For very similar reasons. Sometimes also looking back on the lists, I can tell if it was a rough day/week, because I will have written EVERY single thing down, like "take a shower. eat breakfast. brush teeth. walk to school. walk home from school." etc.

Man and Van London said...

On my web you can find useful hints&tips about cheap house move Man and Van London Like this blog

man and van london said...

great place thanks for sharing this with us
man and van
man and van london

Anonymous said...

Find a reliable international removals company through https://bookamover.co.uk/.

Unknown said...

Find a reliable international removals company through https://bookamover.co.uk/ .