Monday, December 1, 2008

11 Days

A record has been set; I think I'll call the Guinness Book, for you see, I have not yawned in eleven days.

I have tried many times over the years to suppress a yawn, but it has never really worked, as the yawn always returns moments later, and trying to stop it results in soreness of jaw. Well, it turns out that said jaw ache is nothing in comparison to the agony of stretching and flexing the back of one's throat after a tonsillectomy. So I have used up every ounce of strength that I can channel into my lower face in order to halt 11 days-worth of yawns. I didn't think it could be done, but much like the mother lifting a car off her child, when the need is dire, we humans will find a way.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Haha!I like the mother lifting a car comparison. Hope you get feeling better soon.