Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here it is... The BIG NEWS

We're moving to Austin, Texas.

Don was selected for a position with the VA Central Office, stationed in Austin. We are very excited, and anxious to find out the details, like when exactly they want him to start and so forth. Right now the only date we've heard is December 6th, but that has not been confirmed. Hopefully we'll have a little longer, since we are leaving for our three week trip to INDIA on November 1st. We will be getting home the Monday before Thanksgiving, which would leave us less than two weeks to pack up all our stuff and get down to Texas. Yikes! When we know more I'll be sure to post about it. For now, if you know anyone who wants to buy a cute yellow house in Portland, give them my number! Ha.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting for you guys!

Sarah said...

ah- Mieka!!! I'm glad Don got the job- and I hope he loves it/ you guys love it in Texas!... but I am gonna MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! You guys will be in Texas, and Seth and Lisa will be who knows where- this is gonna be weird, I'm gonna miss you very much! But at least it'll give us reasons to go places. ;) I love you Mieka! (and Don and Tony too!) Congrats on getting the job! I hope all goes well!

Marissa said...

Wow, that's great news! Congratulations! Austin is an awesome town, I'm sure you'll love living there. Next thing we know your blog will be peppered with "y'all" everywhere. Haha. :)