Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A few things

New favorite place: in the cupboard.

New favorite toys: the contents of said cupboard.

In other news...

  • Tony had his 15 month check up today; he's 25 lbs 1 oz and 32 inches tall (57%/75%), and doing great. He had 4 shots which he did not like one bit, but after a swig of milk and some animal crackers he was over it.


  • Don has applied for the dream job in Austin, TX so any prayers in support of that are most welcome and appreciated :)


  • We've painted our house from icky tan to happy don't-you-want-to-buy-me-right-now yellow, and as soon as I do the trim touch-ups I will post pictures. Thanks for all the help, everyone!


  • I am now a fan of Marshmallow Mateys, thanks to the beach trip re-introducing them into my life.

6 comments:

Marissa said...

Austin, TEXAS? Wow, so far away but good luck! Austin is a great city you'd love it there.

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see the cute yellow house. We should get together. It's crazy how we can live so close, but never get together. I will remember you guys in my prayers. Good luck with the dream job in Texas. We'll miss you, but hey maybe we'll end up in Texas too, I'm sure there's an army base there somewhere.

Lisa said...

oh yeah, thanks so much for the tip on the sale at Target. I totally stocked up!

Sarah said...

YAY for dream job (though I'm not super excited at the possibility of you being forever away) that's still SUPER exciting- prayers will be said in your behalf. :) love you!!!

Sylvia said...

Thanks for posting again Mieka! I love to read you. That's a fun memory of Tony too!

Unknown said...

1. such cute pictures. 2. I hear austin is amazing. I will send prayers your way. 3. I love yellow houses more than I can explain.