Monday, July 7, 2008

Dear Belly,

Thank you for being the shell for my little peanut to grow in all those months, you did great. No other body part could have done what you did. Now, I don't want to hurt your feelings or come across as ungrateful, but we need to talk.
It has been six weeks since you returned to your normal duties, but you are still trying to do all that you did while on special assignment. Your constant grumbling is bad enough, but the way you keep showing up and making a spectacle of yourself is intolerable! I saw you attacking my non-maternity shirts with all your might, stretching them to fit your puffed-up ego. And my pants, well, they don't stand a chance! These offenses may have been forgiven, but there is absolutely no excuse for your behavior yesterday. You knew darn well that those family pictures were a big deal to me, but you just couldn't resist a chance to be the star of the show again. You played it cool all day, being sneaky whenever I went past a mirror and pretending you had changed. Oh, what a fool I was to trust you.

Sadly,

Mieka

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh, I totally know how you feel! I hope your pictures still turned out cute. It's only been 6 weeks though. You'll get back like you were in no time now!

Lisa said...

Don't worry - you'll be that belly back in shape!